We have an opportunity for a professional, organized, creative, and energetic individual to join our team in the position of Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager will be an important public representative for the organization therefore, the successful candidate will have a stable, highly professional, and ethical personal brand that will make it easy to be the face of our business. The objective of this position is to improve the way we communicate with our customers and stakeholders, as well as internally with our associates on customer-facing issues. Key deliverables will include creating and posting/delivering content for social media, websites, email, radio, print, and public-speaking engagements as well as planning and executing events including concerts. The Communications Manager also provides general support for the President/CEO in scheduling and communications.
For the right candidate, we guarantee that you will learn new and exciting skills, grow beyond your current expectations, and be provided with professional support that will accelerate your career development.
Key Attributes and Qualifications
- Highly professional appearance, language and conduct
- Highly organized
- Highly creative
- Highly ethical
- Someone who adds value for everyone you work with
- A highly adaptive problem-solver
- One of the most discerning people (top 5%) you know in terms of customer experience
- A strong desire to achieve
- An appreciation of First Nations’ culture
- An appreciation of the importance of rural communities, and Whitecourt in particular
- New projects and challenges
- Music – all genres
- Working with performing artists (booking, facilitating, promoting)
- Working with community groups
- Post-secondary training (any field)
- Very good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Very good ability to learn software
- Strong understanding of social media
- Impeccable writing skills
- The ability to present to business audiences
Eagle River Casino and Travel Plaza offers:
- A competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for personal and career growth
- Opportunities for travel (Canada and Las Vegas)
- A fun, respectful work environment
- Full communications and technology support
- Autonomy and self-directed work
- A place for you to shine!
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration for this position.