Accounts Payable/ Receivable Clerk
- Maintain all areas of Accounts Payable
- Ensure vendor payments are disbursed in a timely manner
- Ensure vendor accounts are up to date
- Ensure proper signatures are obtained before cheques are released
- Maintain purchase order system and processes
- Field all vendor inquiries
- Ensure Accounts Receivable payments are collected in a timely manner
- Perform weekly analysis to check the accuracy of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Any other duties as assigned
- This position will work in an office setting. The hours of work may vary and overtime may be required during peak business periods.
- Any other duties as required by management
- Must be able to accept supervision and follow instructions.
- Good people skills to interact with management and staff
- Must be able to manage stress
- Must be able to multi task
- Excellent communication skills and diplomacy
- Strong customer service orientation
- Confidentiality is of high importance
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel
We are in the people business and therefore it is part of everyone’s job to actively provide customer service. This means that for every customer that comes in, you will attempt to make eye contact, greet and welcome to our business. This also means that you must always be attentive to the customer’s needs so there are no undue delays and we will serve our customers in a cheerful and efficient manner. Our service attitude also implies and obligation to each other. We must greet and acknowledge each other in a sincere professional way. And seek to assist each other wherever practical, thereby demonstrating that success is a shared experience among our teams. Excellent customer relations and teamwork are essential part of every job in this environment.