Bartenders may serve customers directly at the bar or prepare drinks to be served by other staff members. In addition to serving beer and wine, they mix ingredients such as liquor, fruit juices, cream, coffee, soft drinks, water, sugar and bitters in the right proportions to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Bartenders must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to measure accurately to prepare drinks quickly and without waste, especially during busy periods
- Working knowledge of: cocktail recipes; the characteristics of wine, beer and spirits; liquor laws; AGLC policies and regulations
- ProServe AGLC certificate
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills